Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Naval Gazing - December 15, 2014

For quite a while now, I’ve been doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I’m referring to my sisyphean efforts to catch up on blog entries. So, it’s time to try something different. Until I get reasonably close to real time, upcoming posts will be predominantly photo essays, with a caption thrown in here and there to set the context. I know readers will miss my mellifluous prose ;-) but something has to be done. Perhaps one day I’ll have the time to come back and fill in more complete descriptions.

The first entry representing this new approach documents my visit to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola. I went on the recommendation of my friend, David, a retired Navy pilot (Thanks!). A very complete, but very crowded (with exhibits) museum.










A Harrier, vertical take-off and landing:







Who’s piloting that Sopwith Camel?




Nose machine guns and ammo cannisters:





Presidential helicopter from the Nixon era:


I thought he might be hiding out:


Aircraft carrier Optical Landing System. When your image is centered, you’re lined up:




A commissioning ceremony in the museum:



Next entry to get the silent treatment covers stops I made along the Gulf.

No comments:

Post a Comment