Monday, December 7, 2015

Oh The Places I've Been

I know, I know, there hasn’t been a new entry here since last August, and even then I was blogging about things that had happened in March. I hope this post marks a new beginning and a rededication of my time to keeping this blog current. It seems the further I got behind, the weaker the motivation was to reach back to events several months old. So, beginning with the next post, I’ll catch up on a relatively recent trip, and I have the best intentions not to get more than a couple weeks behind - at most - after that. My actual goal is to blog on the day or the day after I’ve visited each interesting sight. But fear not, I still want to share the great adventures I’ve had since last March, and intend to fill in those posts as time permits. (One thing that finally gave me the impetus to make this leap forward is that I learned how to post entries in the order they happened, rather that the order I write them.)

As I write this, the previous entry is about the Builtmore Mansion, but over time you should see entries fill in the gap between then and now, as well as new contemporary entries proceed forward from here. Just to give you a taste, here’s a list of highlights from my travels since March 2015: Blue Ridge Parkway, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, New York City, Cape Cod, Boston, Lake Placid, Mt. Washington, Portland Maine, The Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Niagra Falls, Colonal Williamsburg and Jamestown, the South Dakota Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower, the Great Sand Dunes of Colorado, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Mesa Verde, and Canyon de Chelly. After that, I returned to my home base in San Diego in early August of 2015, but soon took off on another loop to the northwest that included: the California and Oregon coasts, Victoria B.C., Flaming Gorge, Dinosaur National Park, Yellowstone and Jackson Hole, Arches National Park, Canyonlands, Bryce, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and Zion National Park. When I returned to San Diego in mid-September, I’d put over 35,000 miles on my RV in less than a year. Yes, I know it sounds like a staggering number of places to visit in a year, but it’s been fantastic, and I’ve got photos to document it all.


But I wasn’t done. In late September, I took off on perhaps the greatest adventure of the year. That will occupy the next few posts of this rejuvenated blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment